Previous, ASP.NET Web Forms version of this application.
This online calculator was initially created for courses Data Management in Geography and
Statistical Analysis of Spatial Data at the University of Tartu
by researcher in geoinformatics Kalle Remm.
Input locations of most functions must be Cartesian coordinates.
The measurement units of output distances and input parameters are the same as for coordinates,
e.g. if the coordinates are given in metres for distance intervals then search radii must also be in metres.
If the south−north distance column is to left of the west−east direction,
the option N direction first should be selected from the radio button list above the input cell.
Cartograms can include WMS background from the XGis server of the Estonian Land Board.
The WMS background and also functions that use existing data layers presume the Lambert−Est coordinate system in metres.
Graphical summaries of the calculator usage by countries, by functions and by months.
Please send comments, proposals and bug reports.
Remm K., Kelviste T. 2014.
An online calculator for spatial data and its applications.
Computational Ecology and Software
◦ Kotta J., Remm K., Vahtmäe E., Kutser T., Orav-Kotta H. 2014.
In-air spectral signatures of the Baltic Sea macrophytes and their statistical separability.
Journal of Applied Remote Sensing 8(1), 083634 (May 09, 2014).
◦ Bett G.C.L., Kaplan A.D., Rasmusson R.L. 2016.
Action Potential Shape Is a Crucial Measure of Cell Type of Stem Cell-Derived Cardiocytes. Biophysical Journal 110(1), 284-286.
◦ Remm K. 2016. Selecting site characteristics at different spatial and thematic scales for shrubby cinquefoil (Potentilla fruticosa
distribution mapping. Forestry Studies | Metsanduslikud Uurimused 64, 17–38.
◦ Remm K., Remm L. 2017. Shrubby cinquefoil (Dasiphora fruticosa
(L.) Rydb.) mapping in Northwestern Estonia based upon site similarities.
BMC Ecology 2017 Feb 21;17(1):7. doi: 10.1186/s12898-017-0117-0
◦ Tammeleht E., Kuuspu M. 2017. Effect of competition and landscape characteristics on mesocarnivore cohabitation in badger setts.
Journal of Zoology. doi: 10.1111/jzo.12529
◦ Ficko A., Boncina A. 2019. Public attitudes toward environmental protection in the most developed countries: The Environmental Concern Kuznets Curve theory.
Journal of Environmental Management 231(1), 968-981.
Exercises with instructions how to use this calculator can be found in the web-based course
Statistical Analysis of Spatial Data.
Publications in Estonian are listed in the Estonian version of this page.
The source codes of computation algorithms are open to the user. Use it as is.
The author does not charge a fee for the use of this online calculator, and does not take responsibility for any incorrect or unexpected results obtained using this calculator.