To the list of courses
|| To the theme
The attached file contains location of hypotetical hares (Lepus
) and wolves (Canis
) on three different days.
- On which day is the mean distance from a hare to the closest wulf minimal?
- How large is it?
- How large is the minimum distance from the sixth hare to the closest wulf?
- On which day this was?
The Nearest Neighbour Distance
function in the SDC enables to find the nearest neigbours in groups.
- The grouping variable in this excercise is the date. The same ID codes of objects repeate on different dates.
- See figure for settings. You can set the interval and number of intervals to whatever and random iterations to 0 as distribution of the NND is not investigated this time.
- Notice that the mean distance from a wolf to the closest hare is not equal to the mean distance from a hare to the closest wolf.
Precision at full metre level is enough.