To the list of courses
|| To the theme
Find XY coordinates of springs from the Estonian topographical database in the attached file.
1. Which distances between them are more frequent than expected from random location and which are rarer?
Give the answer for two cases:
- if generating random locations to the rectangular area containing Estonia, and
- if random locations fall only to Estonian land surface.
2. How do you explain the difference in these distributions?
There is function All distances
in the menu of the online calculator denoting distribution of all distances.
- Select One group of points.
- Keep the default parameters.
- Include suitability mask for random locations by selecting Random locations in Estonian boundaries(Figure).
- Copy the attached coordinates to the input cell.
- Press Calculate.