To the list of courses
|| To the theme
The file Madsa_L.rst in the attached archive contains a greyscale ortophoto where pixel edge is 1 m.
- Calculate distance weighted autocorrelation of pixel values in a 10 m grid within round local kernels. Present the result as a figure.
- Where is the autocorrelation larger and where is it less?
- Explain, how different pixel values determine the differences in autocorrelation values in these sites.
The ortphoto image
at the Madsa Sports Center is used in this excercise.
- Extract files from the attached archive.
- Open calculation of Local statistics.
- Select Upload rst file, numerical layer, grid over input layer, Parameters from rdc.
- Leave Void value empty or write 255. Actually, there are no void areas in the input file.
- The Output grid interval (units as in coordinates) should be 10 as the coordinates are in meters and the output grid is asked to have 10 m cell interval.
- The kernel internal radius is 0 and external radius 10. NB! In case of a larger radius the calculation time will overflow.
- The statistic to calculate is reverse distance weighted Moran I.
- NB! Select the rst and rdc files to upload as the last step because upload is valid only during single postback.