To the list of courses
|| To the theme
The attached file contains coordinates of churches and cemeteries in Estonia.
- What is the mean distance from a church to the nearest cemetery?
- What is the mean distance from a cemetery to the nearest church?
- How to explain the difference in these distances?
- Which distance from a church to the closest cemetery and from a cemetery to the nearest church is most frequent if to count fequency with 200 m interval?
- Is the distance from a church to the nearest cemetery significantly non-random at p<0.05 level?
The nearest neigbour distances can be calculated in the SDC
- For this function, the ID numbers of locations must be in the first column. Add a column and ID numbers to left from the coordinates in the attached table.
- The column with 5-digit numbers indicates east direction, 6-digit numbers indicate north direction in the L-Est coordinates. The calculator enambes to select which direction is in the left position. By the way, planar distance does not depend on switching direction of perpendicular axes.
- 200 random iterations and 15 distance zones is enough for this exercise.