To the list of courses
|| To the theme
The attached file contains raster mask of the terrain types: 1) glacial accumulated mounds and 2) drumlins in Estonia. The given landscape type has pixel value 1, everything else is = 0.
Place 100 random points to both landscape types and present the result as a figure.
A tool for creating random point patterns is in the SDC
. It enables to create random points to a masked area.
- Unpack the atteched zip file.
- Select Simple random in the SDC.
- Set the number of points to 100.
- Select Suitable area → from Idrisi rst file.
- Leave the interval of pixel values for included area to 1.
- Choose the rdc and rst files of a calculated landscape type.
- Press Calculate.
- Design the figure to contain Estonian boundary, remote sensing image or a background map. A simple chart can be copied from screen, use coordinates in the results table, if you prefer to design a more advanced figure.