To the list of courses
|| To the theme
The example data in the SDC Local Correlation
module are the long term mean durability of snow cover and long term mean annual precipitation amount in Estonian meteorological stations.
- In which regions is the local correlation between these variables positive and where negative?
- Interpret the climatological meaning of these relationships.
- This exercise is about correlation not about autocorrelation.
- A spatial relationship can be distance dependent and or location dependent. Coordinates of observation sites are used for filtering out local samples for calculating the local value of a correlation index. Spatial correlation in a strict sense takes into account spatial lag between sites where variables are measured.
- The climatological meaning of both positive and negative values is expected.