To the list of courses
|| To the theme
The demo objects in the Spatial Clusters
module of the calculator of spatial data are springs recorded in the Estonian topographical database.
- Create spatial clusters from these data using search radius 5000, 10000 and 20000 m.
- Save cluster cartograms to a document as figures. Add figure legend(s).
- Describe, how much are the clusters dependent on search radius selected by the user and how much on the minimum number of objects in a cluster.
- Open Spatial clusters in the SDC.
- Set search radius.
- Press Demo data.
- Press Calculate.
The ID numbers of objects in each cluster will appear in the panel at right. Objects not belonging to any cluster according to selected parameters remain unclassified.
- Find the spatial allocation of clusters in maps below the results.
- You can save the image by pressing button Save above the cartogram or selecting Save Image As after clicking right mouse button on the image.
- Calculate clusters using different radii and minimum number of objects in cluster.
- Present the results as figures.
- The results should illustrate how cluster analysis can justify different clusters of objects.