To the list of courses
|| To the theme
The relationship between the same person self-appraisal and assessment from others was investigated in a student group. Estimates were given in 10 points system. The results are following. The order of persons in both lines is the same.
Self-appraisal 10 4 6 9 8 4 3 5 8 8 7 8 1 7 7 10 7
Mean assessment from others 5 7 5 3 8 6 7 5 10 9 5 4 8 2 4 3 4
- Are these samples dependent or independent?
- How strong is the Kendall tau correlation between these estimates?
- What is the direction of the correlation?
- Why Pearson R is not appropriate for these data?
- Why sign test is not suggested here?
Copy the data lines from the exercise text. Whichever statistical software package can be used but notice that data must be prepared according to the tool demands.
- In the SDC, select Non-spatial correlation.
- Transpose the data from lines to columns. In Excel you can use Data → Text to columns. Select the data block and transpose it (Data → Copy → Paste special → Transpose).
- Copy the two transposed data columns to the SDC.
- Notice that one value pair represents one and the same person.