|| The attached file contains participation results from this course in 2003-2012.
- How strong is the relationship between the mark from the one side, and 1) total participation, 2) participation in lectures and 3) participation in practical training from the other side?
- Which of these correlations is the strongest?
- What method and software did you use for measuring and comparing these correlations? Did you include students who got mark 0 (not present in examination)?
|| The relationship between the same person self-appraisal and assessment from others was investigated in a student group. Estimates were given in 10 points system. The results are following. The order of persons in both lines is the same.
Self-appraisal 10 4 6 9 8 4 3 5 8 8 7 8 1 7 7 10 7
Mean assessment from others 5 7 5 3 8 6 7 5 10 9 5 4 8 2 4 3 4
- Are these samples dependent or independent?
- How strong is the Kendall tau correlation between these estimates?
- What is the direction of the correlation?
- Why Pearson R is not appropriate for these data?
- Why sign test is not suggested here?
- Numerically how strong, which direction and statistically how significant is the Spearman rho correlation between cover of coniferous forests (land cover ="okasmets") and values in Landsat TM 8th channel (grey tones) in the attached file?
- Is higher coniferous cover coinciding with darker Landsat image?
- What can be the reasons of such a weak correlation?
- Why is Pearson R not suitable for measuring this correlation?